It's finally here for both Mac and PC. Version 2.1 of ACR Preset Manager with Photoshop CC Integration. As promised this is a free update to all existing users. To use ACR Preset within Photoshop the free Photoshop Extension must be download from my download page. (Or just click here).
For Mac users this is a small update to facilitate the Photoshop Integration - but please be aware it will overwrite your existing database. Use the backup function before you update, and the restore the database after updating.
For Windows users this is a significant change which brings Windows onto the same code base as the Mac users:
- Integrated Menu in Bridge replaces the Jumplists for loading preset groups whilst in Bridge. This allows you to have more than 10 groups available, and supports nested groups for better organisation. Watch the video Bridge Integration With ACR Preset Manager on my tutorial page for more information.
- Support for the new Photoshop CC Extension to integrate ACR Preset Manager into Photoshop CC for use with the new Camera Raw filter.
- Improvements to the conversion engine to remove some issues with presets that use multiple adjustment gradients.
- New Database based model for storing presets: quicker, safer, easier to use.
- Changed layout and feel as part of the code base change.
The upgrade will import your existing preset library if you desire - however due to the improvements in the conversion engine I would recommend that you reconvert your presets when upgrading.
To familiarise yourselves with the new work flow, please check out my tutorials here.
Over the next few days I'll be publishing a tutorial video on how to use ACR Preset Manager with the new Photoshop CC Extension. In the meantime you can check out the video below to a flavour of how it works.